Thursday, January 30, 2014

I love food!



I do.....I really really do.  But sometimes I get VERY frustrated with watching every little thing that goes in my mouth.  I fall off the wagon very easily, so a weekend of eating whatever I want is setting myself up for disaster!  Needless to say, the Holiday season was not my friend!

I had a lot of success with Weight Watchers, but I needed something different to concentrate on.  So I'm using www.myfitnesspal.com as a way to track my intake and monitor my calories/fat/protein/sugar/carbs etc.  In doing this I realize just how much sugar is in the food we eat.  Like skim milk - really?!  There is sugar AND sodium in milk.  WHY? 

And does it bother anyone else that when you crack open a can of soup (Progresso Light perhaps) and read on the can that there are TWO servings in the can?  Like what am I suppose to do with a 1/2 can of soup at work?  So annoying.  

I love fruit (over veggies, which I know I'm not alone out there!).  But fruit can easily push me over my sugar limit for the day.  This also frustrates me because in my mind I'm thinking I'm eating something healthy then BAM! I'm over my limit.  grrrrrr  I know it's "natural" sugar not the bad sugar, but still.  I never find myself sitting around saying "wow, I could really chomp on some broccoli right now".  I wish this were the case, but it's not. 

I will always be that person who has to watch EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth...for the rest of my life.  That statement alone annoyes me, but what can you do.  I have to constantly keep after myself to track my food and watch it.  And I have a sweet tooth which doesn't help.  (CAKE!!!)

What technicques do you use to keep yourself on track?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...