They come up with all these awesome questions/statements for us to blog about! Make sure to swing by their blogs and check out their answers. :)
I feel stupid when..... Oh brother....this is the WRONG week for me to be answering this question. I feel stupid when I keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Does this sound familiar? It should...it is the definition of "insanity". Yep, that is me lately. When will I learn?!
I hope I never...... Make someone feel as bad as some make me feel. Again, wrong week to be asking me these! :(
My one piece of advice to the world.......Treat others as you would want to be treated. I know that sounds like something your Mother would say....but for real people....
So there you have my answers....they may be harsh, but it's how I'm feeling right now. I'll try to be more upbeat next time! :|
Prompt for WEEK 34 — August 27 My daily hair routine consists of
The best hair advice I’ve received
My hair idol is
I usually prepare my blogs for the week on Sunday's. We had such a busy weekend that I sat down to write last night and just couldn't do it. I got nothin'! So instead of forcing a blog that just isn't happening today, I thought I would just write some random thoughts that were floating around in my head over the weekend.
*** I'm still shocked over the passing of Robin Williams. As most of us, I grew up watching "Mork and Mindy". What a funny show. Then the all the countless movies where he has made us laugh or cry. There will definitely be a void in the movie/TV industry. Depression is very real folks. If anything good can come out of his passing I hope it's that we start paying attention to this imbalance. I lost a childhood friend to suicide who dealt with depression what seemed his whole life. Scary.
*** The riots in Missouri are scary. I'm not educated enough in what actually happened to ramble on about who is right or who is wrong, but it is down right scary what is happening there right now.
*** My best friend (aka "blankie") was here for a short visit this weekend. I've really been missing her. She was my work out partner in crime. We're best friends since high school so I feel like a part of me is missing. :(
*** My daughter (Heather Feather!) is moving out in a few short weeks. Now don't judge me...... LOL I don't want her to move out. Yes, she's 25 and just now moving out on her own, but there were valid reasons why she stayed. But anyway, I'm sad. My baby girl and I have been through a lot together.
*** If you read last weeks "Finish This" you may remember me mentioning that we we foster doggies that were on the "last call" list. We currently have Bruno (aka "nugget"). We found out over the weekend that an application came through and someone is interested in adopting him. This is wonderful news! But...on the flip side, the hardest part of fostering doggies is letting them go. He has been with us for a year and a half now, so this one will hit me hard.
*** Ever since my gall bladder removal surgery in March, I've been struggling getting back to my normal work out routine. This disturbs me because I HAVE TO exercise. There is just no question about it. I took two long walks over the weekend. Saturday was 4.44 miles and Sunday was 5.05 miles. I am so sore. LOL but I gotta start back somewhere.
Do random thoughts run through your head sometimes? (of course they do!) Share them with me in the comments! Thanks for reading my ramblings.
Be sure to stop their blogs and see how what they wrote! Here we go!
13 Things To Know About me:
1) My license plate says "CE-3P0". My husband's says AR2-DE2. Yea, we're Star Wars fanatics. :)
2) My Parents are retired "Ministers of Music". They created and lead the music programs at the Church I grew up in. Growing up I didn't realize how hard of a job this really is. But now I know.
3) Jumping off #2.....I grew up singing in the youth choirs at our Church and also played the clarinet for a little, then switched to flute. I also played the piano.
4) I do not deal with change very well. (Capricorn) If something suddenly changes, I do a little internal "freak out", then I eventually get over it. I like to have a plan and know what is coming next. :)
5) I like to draw (doodle really) and write.
6) I have worked for the same company since 1989 (with a 9 month break in 2006 to try my hand at doing Real Estate...didn't like it so much, went back to said company LOL)
7) I used to be a ZUMBA® Instructor.
8) I have anxiety and take (legal) drugs for it.
9) I foster dogs that were on the "last call list". We currently have a sweetie now that is up for adoption!
10) My music tastes are all over the board. I like anything from classical to heavy metal. And I listen to it all! The genre that I gravitate toward though is heavy metal. (Alter Bridge, Godsmack etc..)
11) I find the world/local news to be depressing.
12) I was born in Topeka, Kansas
13) I like to believe there are still good people in this world.
Now it is YOUR turn! What are some things I should know about YOU??
Prompt for WEEK 33 (August 20) is: I feel stupid when
I hope I never
My one piece of advice to the world
Today's blog post is inspired by the word "whoops". So why, you ask, am I showing you a picture of our back yard? Well....keep reading my friends..... LOL
It seems there are never-ending projects going on at my house. When the days are longer and the weather is warmer, we venture outside on the weekends to work on said projects. Well, *I* don't per se, but my hubby does. (I'm not handy when it comes to sawing, hammering, ripping decks down etc...) But I can mow the grass! YES! Yes I can! It helps him out and it is something I can do with out thinking much about it. I try to push mow for the exercise, but it is broken at the moment so I've been ride mowing lately.
So yesterday after the grocery run, I go out to mow while hubby was at Home Depot. I got it started and as soon as the blades went down it would shut off. Hmmm (totally clueless here) So unfortunately I had to let it sit till he came home. Guess it just doesn't like me because he got it going. (He mentioned I had the cut level down too far or something like that) GREAT! Now I can get it mowed and out of the way.
He left it running for me and I hopped on and went on my merry way. After about two swipes I noticed that he was walking over to me. He asked if I knew I didn't have the blades down. UM NO?! Yea, so there you have it. I was mowing the grass with no blades. Just riding around. LOL! Oh man...well after I sat there and laughed at myself for a minute, I put the blades down and continued on.
I have to say that is the first time I ever did that! No really, it is...honest! So there was my "whoops" from the weekend.
Tell me about a "whoops" that you had...I can't be the only one out there!