Tuesday, December 2, 2014

OH MY YUM!!! Sugar Cookies



My favorite bloggers and I decided to exchange cookies this year!  This recipe for Sugar Cookies is the one I chose because it is near and dear to my heart.  It's an old family recipe that has been made by my Mom, Aunt, Grandmother, Great Grandmother and now being made by my Sister and myself!

3 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup butter
1 pint buttermilk
7 cups flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 heaping teaspoons baking powder with the flour
4 level teaspoons baking soda in the buttermilk

Cream butter and sugar; add other ingredients and mix well; alternating the flour and milk.  Drop by large tablespoons on a cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 about 10 minutes (brown around the edges).

Decorate with red and green sugar crystals or frost them after they cool.  YUMMY!

 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png












Follow on Bloglovin



12 comments:

  1. I love sugar cookies!! Just can't beat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we had the same idea to make sugar cookies! It really is a holiday classic and so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar cookies are one of our go-to Christmas cookies! Mercy, I bet the buttermilk makes them divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! Sugar cookies are definitely a favorite in our house. I think I'm going to give your recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG these sound so amazing! I have to add these to my cookie list to make for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...