Friday, December 6, 2013

The older I get, the more time flies




This little clock is cruising along on a paper plane.  It's cute, but I chose this picture because that is how I view "time" the older I get.  It just keeps flying right on by quicker each year.

I can remember as a kid how summer break seemed to go on FOREVER!  We'd play with our friends outside till dark, go to Brookside Pool (locals, remember that pool beside Long's Park?) and visit our favorite beach in Sea Isle City, NJ.

Just today, I'm sitting here at my desk and wondering how it got to be almost Christmas-time already!  I mean, really.  I feel like I was just in Corolla, NC with my best friend in August on a fabulous vacation.

Then of course, the more time flies, the older I'm getting too.  I sometimes forget how old I am.  Till I get up and the aches and pains remind me.  :-)  And as I'm aging, so are my parents!

So I decided that being adult is really overrated and I'd really like to go back to crayoning, doing my latch hook rug, my paint-by-numbers and body surfing ocean waves in to shore.  If you need me, you know where I'll be....in my fort made of blankets. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...