Thursday, September 11, 2014

4 signs that you should make a career change...

source
LOL The thought has crossed my mind......my career has been weighing very heavy on my mind lately.  I'm 44 and feel like I'm going nowhere.  I've been at the same company for almost 25 years (with a 9 month break in there somewhere to try my hand at real estate).  So where am I going?  I don't know.  The unknown is freaky.  So I've come up with 4 signs that might give you a hint that it's time....time for a change.






source
You day-dream about what kind of adult beverage you're going to have when you get home......OH YES!  This is so me lately.  I think about it often.  It takes the edge off, you know?  Helps me forget the days happenings and relax.  C'mon!  Who doesn't like an adult beverage????  (OK OK, maybe not every night of the week....)




source
You start to finish the sentences of the people calling you......  Yep, I do that sometimes.  People will call in and they sometimes are confused, not sure what they mean, or just really don't know what they are talking about.  It takes a lot of patience to sit there and listen to them ramble.  Sometimes I help them out.....LOL




source
You do not speak on the phone outside of your job...... Ohhhhh yea....totally me again. Seriously....text me...do not call.  LOL  Growing up (ask my Mommy!!) I used to L-O-V-E being on the phone.  I had all my friend's phone numbers memorized.  I would yap on the phone till my Mom told me it was time to get off.  Now?  I rarely answer my cell phone.  Just the thought of talking sometimes makes me cringe.  Guess that is what happens after 25 years of yacking on the phone for a living.  Sad, but true.  So if I talk to you on the phone.....consider yourself lucky!  :)



source
You start to express your opinions to management more.....  Well...this might be your personality normally.  But for me, I usually do not do this.  However, lately I find myself expressing myself more and more.  Maybe I'm just getting older, or beginning not to really care what they think of me.  The above "someecard" is funny to me....I say we are treated like mushrooms all the time.  LOL!


So there you have my 4 signs.  Can you relate to these?  Tell me in the comments!
 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png




















Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! Especially the one about the phone cord. And, I'm with you, I'd much rather text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I don't subscribe to these…yet. But at the beginning of the year was really tested. I partake in the Mushroom Mgt theory with coworkers and the public in general. Learned it form Lt! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is MY life! I need to channel some of my "dont want go to work cuz i hate it" anxiety in the weight room. As of late, I just pout about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you girlie! I take my gym bag to work with me (with good intentions) then my day goes up in smoke and I don't feel like going. I hate stress!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a phone person either. I'd rather text and send email. Growing up my mom was always on the phone so I rarely got to use it. LOL I think it just carried over to adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so understand. I remember this feeling. Maybe something new will come along for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope! I just don't know what to do with myself. LOL But with your help I am able to start checking out the WAH thing. :-)

      Delete
  6. I remember those feelings, it is certainly time for a change - even if it is in the same company but another role.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the feeling. I am happy I quit my job to be home with the kids. Though sometimes I miss being out and about but not enough to go back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...