Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Carpe Diem

source


Can not believe September is upon us already.  When I was driving out of my development yesterday I noticed the top of a few trees were turning colors already.

This will probably be another ramble post...well because I can't help what goes through my brain and then I feel compelled to write about it.  Aren't you lucky?!  :)

The above picture quote I saw today on Facebook.  Because I am constantly beating myself up this caught my attention.  I often wonder what my life would be like if I didn't do this.  What if I just accepted me for the way I am?  What if I accepted things in my life were this way and deal with it?  I often feel that at my age I should have long ago accepted myself.  I should be settled in to what one would think is a happy life.  But instead I find myself constantly questioning things.  Constantly beating myself up over everything.  Wondering "what if". I am a work in progress.  I guess that is this crazy thing we call life.

Then there is my Mommy.  Man, she knows me like a book.  I swear I don't even have to say a word and she knows.  One day last week I called her on my lunch break at work and it was the best 1/2 hour I spent in a long time.  Just talking about life.  My career.  Where am I going?  I feel lost.  She is my rock.  So I get an email from her this morning and the subject is simply "Carpe Diem".  Seize the day.  Encouraging me to write.  I love her.

So later this week I will "Carpe Diem" as I will be attending a blog conference in Philadelphia over the weekend.  I am going by myself.  If you know me, well this is unusual, but I'm doing it.  I can not wait to learn more about writing and blogging and connect with others who like to write like me.

Tell me....how do you work "Carpe Diem" in to your daily life?

 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png












Follow on Bloglovin


Grab my badge!
Life the Way Amber Views It

4 comments:

  1. Kudos for going, alone, to a blog conference. It is something I have been wanting to do for years but can't seem to do it. You will be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've traveled alone for work...but at least I knew the people I was meeting there! I'll know no one! ECK! So yea...a little nervous! Wish you all were coming with me!

      Delete
  2. Have fun at the conference. I think we are kinda alike. I always over analyze myself and everything I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited, but nervous. Yea I think we do have a lot in common!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...