Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Finish This! 19th edition


This is a fun game called "Finish This"!  Where our awesome co-hostesses come up with great topics for us to write about.  Check them out!

Lisa @ Coastlined http://lisadenoia.com/
Jen @ The Arizona Russums http://www.theazrussums.com/
Becky @ The Java Mama http://www.thejavamama.com/


This week we're talking about Labor Day and careers/jobs.  Let's get to it!


I celebrated Labor Day by........ doing regular house stuff.  I am fortunate my company gives us this day off. I cut up cantaloupe, did laundry, writing and later on getting my hair cut.  Pretty boring huh?



My dream job/career would be.......Ok, it's weird that we're talking about this topic!  I've been struggling with my job for awhile now.  Just feeling like there has got to be more to life than this.  So it's been weighing heavily on my mind the past few weeks.  But the problem is, I've been at my job for almost 25 years.  I grew up there.  I don't know anything different.  And I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  LOL


My first paying job was....... wow, so long ago!  I was in high school and worked at Dairy Queen!  I didn't like it much, but I did work with some of my friends, so that made it OK.  I can still make the infamous Dairy Queen "swirl" on the top of a cone.  Yep.


My current job is........ I talk about it frequently....LOL  I do customer service work for a dental manufacturer.  I am burned out; however.  Big time.  I am currently on a mission to consider what else might be out there for me.  I usually draw a blank though.

Now it's your turn.....tell me all about it in the comments!

source



 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png




Prompt for WEEK 36 — September 10
I am serious about
I am most relaxed when
There’s no place like






Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Oh how I relate with the job thing! It's that loyalty thing some of us have :) I had a lot of friends work at DQ when they were younger - my boyfriend included!! That was where the "cool kids" worked. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love DQ to this day! But try to only treat myself every once and awhile! :-)

      Delete
  2. I agree with the job. I've been at mine for 7 years after I left teaching. I'd love to find the job I love, but now that we have kids and a house, it's so much more difficult to make the switch. But my brother discovered at 39 that he wanted to get into physical therapy. Now he's 40 and going back to school full time to become a physical therapy asst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go (your) brother! That's probably what I need to do....go back to school!

      Delete
  3. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up either, but I really don't want to grow up anyway. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear that! I don't wanna grow up either......my gray hair reminds me that I am though...LOL

      Delete
  4. It is so hard when you are burnt out! I felt that way coming out of last school year. This year seems more promising, but still not sure if it is what I want to do anymore. It gets hard when you are settled to imagine what life would be like if you left to try something new. Security and stability are important, but so is enjoying what you do everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would've died if DQ was my first job! I love blizzards. A little too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man...we did eat the food...blizzards and all! AHHHH!

      Delete
  6. First job...I get a hankering to go hang out in front of the soft serve ice cream machine at the local smorgasbord just so I can top off their ice cream cone with the "Q". And, while earning a whopping $3.12/hr, I gained a life long skill!
    Dream job, serving on medical relief teams in third world countries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wanted to work at DQ! I hear you about the job thing, I keep trying to reinvent myself at my current job so I don't have to look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wish I could reinvent myself here....but I can't go any higher and not really interested in doing another type job......BLAH! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...