Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bifocals?!?!?!! WHAT?!

Last week I went for my every 2 year check up for my eyes.  I take a medicine for my asthma that could affect my eyes in some way, so I go when the insurance allows me to.  I currently wear glasses when I am driving, but that is it.  I've noticed that while reading my Kindle or other work close up I was needing "readers" - yanno, like the ones you pick up at CVS for $9.99.  So that seemed to work for me.

The appointment did not really go too well.  I could tell while trying to read the letters on the wall in front of me (which I think somehow they moved it further away when I came in just to mess with me) that it was worse this time around.  She started flipping the lenses around.  "Is 1 or 2 better?" and so on.  It looked so much better but hated to admit it out loud!

Then she flips down a paper with paragraphs written REALLY small and they got a little bigger as they went down the page.  I'm sure you know where this is going.

The examination is finished and she flips the light on and proceeds to tell me she recommends bifocals.  WAIT, WHAT?  COME AGAIN??  NOOOOOOOOOO!  Now being someone who didn't grow up with any eye issues what-so-ever, this is not easy news to take.  So after thinking it over (about 1 minute) I decide I would rather have 2 pairs of glasses instead of wearing bifocals.  Yep, sure did. 


Just kidding......but for now I plan to try and get away with wearing the distance ones while I'm driving only and the readers for computer work and reading.  Wish me luck!



PS:  don't forget to sign up to receive emails when I update my blog!  And leave me comments!  I'd love to hear from you...be nice.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...