Monday, July 21, 2014

Reflections




This is Shane and his wife, Melissa.  Shane and I went to high school together.  And like most people, we drifted apart for most of our adult lives.  But then thanks to Facebook, it reconnected all our classmates.

One year ago today (July 21), Shane died due to an accident in the home.  It was a tragic loss to many.  His wife was left with 2 boys.  I'd like to honor his memory by sharing some of my memories of Shane.  Quite a few of us had a great ride of reconnecting and sharing our lives with each other and our families.


This is what he did.  He LOVED to grill.  He would grill just about anything!  From pizza, to veggies, chicken, burgers...you name it.  And it was very yummy.


This was his humor.  One of many funny things that he did.  Makes me laugh to see this picture again.


This is the crew that went to Outer Banks, NC in July, 2010.  We had a wonderful time eating, drinking beer, campfires, body surfing the waves and so much more.


This picture was taken during that same vacation.  Love this picture of their family.


He was fantastic at the guitar and singing.  He would play for us around campfires.  Loved it.



I miss my friend.  He was a great Father.  Rest in Peace, Shane.  Save us all a spot on the Other Side.

XOXOXOXO
 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png















Follow on Bloglovin



2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, Amber. What a beautiful family - I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...