Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Finish This! 17th edition



This weeks "finish this" post is slightly different and I love it!  It is titled "13 to know about me".   This should be interesting....hope I can come up with 13 things.  hehe

As always, I am linking up through:

Lisa @ Coastlined http://lisadenoia.com/
Jen @ The Arizona Russums http://www.theazrussums.com/
Becky @ The Java Mama http://www.thejavamama.com/

Be sure to stop their blogs and see how what they wrote!  Here we go!



13 Things To Know About me:

1)  My license plate says "CE-3P0".  My husband's says AR2-DE2.  Yea, we're Star Wars fanatics.  :)



2)  My Parents are retired "Ministers of Music".  They created and lead the music programs at the Church I grew up in.  Growing up I didn't realize how hard of a job this really is.  But now I know.


3)  Jumping off #2.....I grew up singing in the youth choirs at our Church and also played the clarinet for a little, then switched to flute.  I also played the piano.


4)  I do not deal with change very well.  (Capricorn)  If something suddenly changes, I do a little internal "freak out", then I eventually get over it.  I like to have a plan and know what is coming next.  :)


5)  I like to draw (doodle really) and write.


6)  I have worked for the same company since 1989 (with a 9 month break in 2006 to try my hand at doing Real Estate...didn't like it so much, went back to said company LOL)


7)  I used to be a ZUMBA® Instructor.


8)  I have anxiety and take (legal) drugs for it.  


9)  I foster dogs that were on the "last call list".  We currently have a sweetie now that is up for adoption!
Meet BRUNO!


10)  My music tastes are all over the board.  I like anything from classical to heavy metal.  And I listen to it all!  The genre that I gravitate toward though is heavy metal.  (Alter Bridge, Godsmack etc..)


11)  I find the world/local news to be depressing.


12)  I was born in Topeka, Kansas


13)  I like to believe there are still good people in this world.


Now it is YOUR turn!  What are some things I should know about YOU??

 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png


Prompt for WEEK 33 (August 20) is:
I feel stupid when
I hope I never
My one piece of advice to the world






Follow on Bloglovin



18 comments:

  1. There are definitely good people in this world and YOU are one of them! I wish you were closer so you could teach ZUMBA at the fitness center where I workout. I have no rhythm, but I have a blast doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Nicole!!! And ZUMBA® is awesome! You'd be surprised how much rhythm you DO have! But having fun is the only thing that matters! XOXO

      Delete
  2. I tried Zumba ONCE. I thought that it was going to be fun and easy. After picking my racing heart off the floor, I realized how wrong I was. Haha!

    The news can be very depressing but they do cover some uplifting stories. They're my favorite because they help to restore my faith in humanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no joke!! Thank goodness the it's hand cuing instead of yelling out cuing because I think I would have fainted trying to yell and ZUMBA at the same time. LOL

      True...I like the Nightly News for that reason. They always end on a positive uplifting story. Good point!

      Delete
  3. I no longer watch the news. I love talk radio, though. Nothing good is ever on the news. The radio is at least entertaining. I turn it off, though, many times because it can become depressing too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just unreal all the craziness that goes on now-a-days. :(

      Delete
  4. Haha, I am dying from the license plates! I also agree that the news anymore is just depressing. It makes it hard to believe there is still good in the world, but I am with you on holding onto that idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Hubby got his first...then talked me into mine. :)

      Delete
  5. I have anxiety too. I wonder if it is a Capricorn thing! I freak out with change too. But then I rise to the occasion when I wrap my head around it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be! I know other Cappy's that are the same way. I might freak out, shed a tear, but like you, I get over myself and do what I have to do. :)

      Delete
  6. First, I have to say that I love the license plates! I'm a Star Wars and Star Trek geek too! I'm looking forward to seeing the new story in 2015!

    I was born in Marietta, GA to a farming family who ended up working for the local power company as linemen.

    My hobbies are woodworking, leather tooling, drawing, painting, and playing bass guitar. My grandfather was a bassist and I started when I was 11. I love modern jazz, funk, soul, rock, heavy metal, punk, classical, and some country. To be a good musician, you have to learn them all (that's what my grandfather always said).

    I like researching stuff and spend much of my time researching history. Anything from the earliest artifacts to economic and political history; I research it all.

    My four greatest fears are asphyxia, memory loss, homelessness, and a fear of heights. I'm not a good swimmer and therefore avoid deep water. I can't swallow pills without chewing them first. I always forget things and have learned to develop routines so that I won't walk outside without important things (like my pants lol). And no matter where I go, I always catch myself checking out the surroundings to plan where I would sleep if I were homeless.

    I rarely ever drink alcohol anymore because I believe I have become allergic to it. I also do not take any kind of drugs legal or illegal.

    I've had about 26 different jobs in my lifetime so far. Warehouse operations and logistics manager was my favorite. My least favorite was ditch digger for fiber optic cable.

    I'm a Leo and my wife's a Leo. Our birthdays are 4 days apart (July 31st - Aug 3rd). But we're not the ruler type Leos.

    That's basically all there is to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and telling me more about you!!

      Delete
  7. I just love the license plates!! So so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bruno is so cute - I hope you find it a home, soon!
    I love that you used to teach Zumba, why don't you anymore?
    Great 13!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is SO adorable! It just got to be too much for me. It's not an easy task with the choreography, practicing etc...but I do love it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...