Monday, August 11, 2014

Whoops!

Part of our back yard


Today's blog post is inspired by the word "whoops".  So why, you ask, am I showing you a picture of our back yard?  Well....keep reading my friends.....  LOL

It seems there are never-ending projects going on at my house.  When the days are longer and the weather is warmer, we venture outside on the weekends to work on said projects.  Well, *I* don't per se, but my hubby does.  (I'm not handy when it comes to sawing, hammering, ripping decks down etc...)  But I can mow the grass!  YES!  Yes I can!  It helps him out and it is something I can do with out thinking much about it.  I try to push mow for the exercise, but it is broken at the moment so I've been ride mowing lately.

So yesterday after the grocery run, I go out to mow while hubby was at Home Depot.  I got it started and as soon as the blades went down it would shut off.  Hmmm  (totally clueless here)  So unfortunately I had to let it sit till he came home.  Guess it just doesn't like me because he got it going.  (He mentioned I had the cut level down too far or something like that)  GREAT!  Now I can get it mowed and out of the way.

He left it running for me and I hopped on and went on my merry way.  After about two swipes I noticed that he was walking over to me.  He asked if I knew I didn't have the blades down.  UM NO?!  Yea, so there you have it.  I was mowing the grass with no blades.  Just riding around. LOL!  Oh man...well after I sat there and laughed at myself for a minute, I put the blades down and continued on.

I have to say that is the first time I ever did that!  No really, it is...honest!  So there was my "whoops" from the weekend.

Tell me about a "whoops" that you had...I can't be the only one out there!

 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png












Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Bahaha! You get extra credit in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like something I would do! Glad you were able to laugh at it. PS - not telling my hubby you mow the lawn cause then he would have me doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely out of character for me! But hey, guess things just happen! LOL! (I won't tell him if you don't!!!)

      Delete
  3. Haha! That is great. I have never mowed the lawn, so that is totally something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your nice big yard! I can never get the mower started either. So frustrating!! I whoops so often it is not even funny anymore lol. I guess one that really bothered me was picking up my son from school to find he had his shoes on the wrong feet and they had been that way all day. I hadn't noticed in the morning. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...