Tuesday, May 27, 2014

6 things about my job that amuse me





6 things about my job that amuse me:

Wait, What?!  If you are going to call me for a part number, please have a pen/pencil and paper in front of you.  Nothing like rattling off the part number and have the person on the other end of the phone go “oh wait, let me get some paper and a pen”.  !!!!!!!!!


You’re breaking up!  This one makes me chuckle.  All my calls are answered on a land line and a lot of calls we receive nowadays are from a mobile device.  So it’s funny when you’re trying to talk to someone and they say “You’re breaking up”.  Um, hello, I’m the one on the land line. 


The last to know!  Sometimes my customers will call me with information about a promotion that I was not aware of.  Wow, that’s embarrassing!


Is there a “technician” available?  I have heard this one for years.  Yes people, I am a female.  I CAN help you.  I CAN give you technical support.   They ask me a question, I answer (correctly at that!).  Then I get “hmm OK, well is there a technician I can talk to?”  *slaps forehead*


I’m sorry, WHAT DID YOU SAY?  It’s hard when a customer service department is located in the front office.  Because 85% of the time you come up here we are on the phone.  Which means you are being loud and I can not hear what my customer is saying.


Awkward silence is OK.  Yes, it IS!  Regardless of what you think.  You do not have to fill every silent moment with mindless chatter.  If you've been reading my blogs, you realize this is a pet peeve of mine.  LOL

So what things amuse you at your job?
 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png














Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Phew! I was always afraid that I was being rude for not chit chatting. I don't like mindless chatter either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever thank them for being sexist before you get off the phone with them? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Haven't done that one yet....but there are some voices that sound really nice. I have one customer who is in the US but from Australia. Need I say more? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...