Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014






Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommy's out there!  It's your day!  I hope you spend it doing something you love with the people you love.

Today I'd like to share my favorite memory of my Mom.  You see, it's hard to pick just one memory.  I have many memories of my Mom and I love them all!

But the one that sticks out in my mind the most is having my Mom present during my labor.  I was so young and the term "I WANT MY MOMMY!!" was totally me.  After graduation, I got married and moved to Massachusetts with my new husband.  His family was living there at the time so that is where we headed.

Fast forward a few months.  I was very home sick!  My parents had decided to make the drive up to see their first grandchild be born.  I can't tell you how nice it was to have my Mom there during my labor.  To see her kind smile and loving eyes just made me feel so much better.  When the time came for them to leave it was very hard for me to say goodbye.

When I look back at my life I can see now that the one thing that has remained the same all this time is my Mom.  Steady and sure, she has been there.  Even though I've grown up, got divorced, remarried and raised my daughter, Mom is still there.  I love her dearly!

So this year and every year on Mother's Day, I will celebrate my Mom.  I cherish the time we have together.  I hope you spend today celebrating the Mom in your life too!  
 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png










Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. When I had my first child, I wanted my mom there, too. I did not care if hubby was there or not, but Mom had to be! I still want my mom when I am sick or sad. I call her every single day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I didn't have to choose, but if I had to I think I'd choose my Mommy to be there with me! :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness for our amazing mothers :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember wanting my mom at my first child's birth, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It put me more at ease! (if that's possible during labor?!? LOL)

      Delete
  4. What would we do without our moms! We all have those "I want my mommy" moments and I sure as heck hope my kids do, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had one of those moments this past March! I had my gall bladder removed and was miserable later that day. "I want my Mommy" came to mind several times that day. hehe

      Delete
  5. Whenever I am sick, momma is the only one that can take care of me. I know LT tries, but I'd rather have momma. I can also commiserate with you on moving far away from your family after you married. I did that, from Kansas to Georgia. Three years later I moved back to Kansas. Now if I could just get my parents to move closer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh where in Kansas? I was born in Topeka!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely still have "I want my mom" moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! I think I'll have them the rest of my life!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...