Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Finish This! 6th Edition



Hope your week is going good so far!  I can not believe this weekend we'll be observing the Memorial Day Holiday.  Time sure does fly!

It's time for the weekly 'Finish This'!  I always link up through:

FinishThis--SMALL

My favorite recipe is.....
I totally just make it over the weekend!  It's a weight watchers friendly baked beans.  I'll have to post the recipe for it one of these days.  Goes great with summer-time cook outs!  NOM!


I believe in.....
equality...for EVERYONE.  There!  I said it!  Yes I did!  OK, listen...I'm mainly talking about same-sex marriage.  Just today, the Federal judge strikes down Pennsylvania's same-sex marriage ban and will be issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.  Now, I totally know what the Bible says....Yes I sure do.  Not only that, but we've heard it over and over again by the people that do not agree with same-sex couples.  I look at it this way....it doesn't affect me.  It's none of my business.  If they want to get married, who cares?  It's not for me to judge...that is up to the Higher Being that you believe in. Don't get any ruffled feathers people...just a thought.  :P


I need to set boundaries....
hmm I've been thinking about this one all day.  I guess I would have to say with my computer usage.  Maybe spending too much time on Facebook or cruising around the web.  I want to write more.  So perhaps this is a time management issue instead.  I don't know.  LOL


I began living when.....
No offense to my sweet pea Heather-Feather, but I'd have to say once she grew up and didn't need me anymore.  Well, as a child would anyway.  But if I'm honest with myself, I would say when I turned 40 is when I really started living.  I explored my artistic side with drawing and writing.  I've been having fun!

So there are my answers...how would YOU answer these?  C'mon, I wanna hear!

 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png





Prompts for WEEK 21 (May 28) are:The best mistake I ever made …
From this mistake, I learned …
When I’m anxious, I tell myself …
All I really want to do is …







Follow on Bloglovin









24 comments:

  1. I love that you are willing to speak exactly how you feel about the same-sex marriage issue. That to me speaks volumes about your strength in yourself and your beliefs! I agree 100% with your view and simply you love who you love, not sure why anyone should have the say in that. That picture at the top of your blog is quite beautiful, is it a photo? or a painting/drawing? Love it. Makes me want to be sitting on the bench :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! I always get a little nervous when I put myself out there like that....I'm sure not everyone will agree with what I've said... :-) Ahh the picture! It is a photograph that I got from a free photo stock website! I love it also...so pretty and relaxing!

      Delete
  2. You definitely have to share that recipe because I love, love, LOVE me some baked beans! Thanks for joining the link up again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! I will definitely do that! Although it won't have fancy pictures like some of our foodie bloggers! :-)

      Delete
  3. Beans beans the magical fruit. They are so good!

    I have some serious computer issue usage as well... sometimes I just force myself to SHUT IT! It is crazy how much I get done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so good! Especially with a burger on the grill. YUM!

      I can believe it. Sometimes I want to search something and next thing I know a whole hour goes by. I read a lot of stuff but don't do much with it. grrrr

      Delete
  4. I took a step back from all electronics lately. I didn't realize how much more time I had. Hubbins and I did a week cleanse of all things social media and tv. It was AMAZING. Now I am so much more aware of the things I miss when I'm logged in. It helped me set more boundaries there.
    Also go you for being so honest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL a whole week? HA! I was thinking I might start out slow...maybe over a weekend. I don't usually blog much on a weekend unless something pops in my head I want to write about right away. But I think this is a very good idea and kudos to you and Hubby for doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need serious help with time management as well! The fact that it took me 3 hours to write one blog post just proves it and I know for a fact that I wasn't really listening to my husband while I typed away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Sometimes even when I have prompts to work with I still sit there staring at my screen. :/

      Delete
  7. Computer usage, yes!!! I recently turned off all notifications for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter on my phone, it helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I probably need more computer boundaries too. On the flip side -- the days my husband is out of town my phone/computer friends are the only folks I talk to all day! Or at least the only folks who know words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I prefer my online friends VS people in person. HAHA! Is that bad?! That does not apply to all my 'in person' friends of course!

      Delete
  9. Life begins at 40??? I guess I have that to look forward to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meeghan! It probably could have happened sooner had I let myself! I have definitely grown a lot over the past 4-5 years. :-)

      Delete
  10. I agree with you about equality. It saddens me that some people are not allowed to have their dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! I know it's such a touchy topic to throw out there. LOL

      Delete
  11. I believe in HOPE, hope for others and my connection with the greater powers of the universe (I could write a book on that), strength conquers fear, second chances, be who you truly are, and I believe in being a happy person. So happy at times, people think I'm a wack-a-doo!:)
    Ha, I'll begin living when I grow up! Being in my 'forties' has become my second chance. I'm getting it right this time.
    Favorite recipe...too many! I love, love to cook! # 1..my grilled rack of ribs.
    As far as social media, I access my blog and FB a LOT. It doesn't mean I'm bored, ignoring priorities, or stalking. I keep connected. Truthfully, I wouldn't be where I am today without my 'framily'. Plus, I don't like to lick stamps, I'd rather type and send.
    And, I believe I like answering these questions. This is great stuff Amber, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think you should write that book! Thanks for your answers! Love them ALL! xoxo

      Delete
  12. 40 was an ok year. It's about the time you start to recognize life is short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true, Jeannie! It's like "where did my early adult life go?!"

      Delete
  13. I loved your response to what you believe in. I am a gay supporter myself, as I have many friends and family members who are LGBT.. Equality for all is what is truly right in my opinion, and I am glad you feel the same, although I do not judge anyone's opinion. I just hope for everyone's happiness in love and in life in general regardless of who it is with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. MOLLY! Thank you! I have lots of friends like this also, including my step-son who I love dearly! XO Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...