Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Finish This! 6th Edition


Hope everyone is having a good week so far!  It's time for another Finish This post!  I am linking up with:


FinishThis--SMALL



A lesson I learned from my Mom.....

I have learned many lessons from my Mom over the years!  But the one I chose was "do not stare at people who are different than you".  (meaning like if someone has a disability)  I grew up knowing that people that were different were just like me and you.  And starring at them only makes them more uncomfortable than they probably already are.  I feel this was being taught to us at a young age, because little did we know, my Sister's Son, Benjamin was born with Williams Syndrome.  It was good practice.  :)


To burn calories, I.....

Normally I try to get to the gym at least 3 times a week.  I'll do the treadmill or elliptical and also do some strength training.  I just committed myself to a 4 week boot camp class.  (2 classes a week) This is NO JOKE!  For real!  Tonight is my 3rd class and I'm still sore from Monday's class.  hehe


My best hair day was......

I can't recall one day in particular, except maybe my wedding day.  Every time my Heather-Feather cuts my hair the salon, I always feel like I'm having a good hair day.  She always styles it for me.  Love her!


I am grateful for.....

Oh many things!  I am grateful for a roof over my head, a job that helps provide for my family, an insurance plan that helps take care of my health.  I am grateful for my family & my friends!


Now it's YOUR turn!  How would you answer these questions?  Feel free to answer them in the comments below!




Join me next week as I write about these:

My favorite recipe is....
I believe in.....
I need to set boundaries.....
I began living when....

 photo blogsignature_zpsb2df6ee1.png








Follow on Bloglovin

20 comments:

  1. A daughter that's a hairstylist?? Lucky!!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my best hair day is today bahahaha - just kidding but after years of hating my hair, I am finally in a good place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bootcamp? Man you are hardcore! My bootcamp is trying on different shoes with an outfit just to find the right one! LOL

    Right now I am grateful there is only 16 more days of school left!! I am ready for some time off and recharge. I think I have teacher-itis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaahahaaa! I think I like your bootcamp much better! Hope the next 16 days fly by for ya!

      Delete
  4. Not staring at someone with a disability really hit home with me when my son was born. On the other hand, immediately looking away is not good either. I learned to just make eye contact and smile--the way I would with anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have clarified.... She encouraged us to do just that.... :)

      Delete
  5. GOOD FOR YOU .... boot camp is serious business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed.... Thought I might throw up on Monday during class. LOL

      Delete
  6. My best hair day as of late was on a day I was going to a one year old's birthday party. Had a date with the husband a week later and couldn't figure out how to recreate the look LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm going to get my hair done this afternoon, just to say I had a good hair day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I can never seem to do it myself like she does!

      Delete
  8. Way to go with the boot camp, that's how you know it's working!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to set boundaries on blogging -sometime it takes up too much of my time! If I get up early and stay up late, I feel better that I get more done and can spend more time enjoying family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take over sometimes! I try to sit down and write out 3 blogs at a time so I don't feel like I'm 'blogging' everyday. :-)

      Delete
  10. Just saying hey from the link up :) Lucky to have a daughter that is a hair stylist!! That's something to be grateful in itself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Thanks for dropping by! Yes, indeed I love having my own personal hair stylist. hehe

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...