Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Just drive!






The open road…….have you ever felt like getting in your car or ride of choice and just drive?  To anywhere?  Maybe with a destination in mind, or perhaps just drive till you end up somewhere?

I get this way sometimes.  Right now is one of them.  It seems sometimes life just gets the better of me and I want to just run.  Nothing life shattering happening, just feel like life catches up to me.

There’s something appealing about the open road and being alone with your favorite music blasting in the car.  I can sing at the top of my lungs because no one will hear me, or I can just sort through my thoughts.  There is a song that comes to mind when I get the urge to drive.  “Brand New Start” by Alter Bridge.  I love this song!

Cast your sorrows to the wind
Let the highway take us in
As we escape the disorder

So if you ever decide to take a drive to sort out your thoughts, take this song with you.  J

As my very wise Mother says “this too shall pass, dear”…yes…yes it will.


4 comments:

  1. Ah, Amber, you speak my language! Some days you just gotta roll down the windows and crank up the music. I find that metal cranked up when I'm in a bad mood helps to improve my attitude a bit. Stopping by from SITS to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling this way right now -2 cranky kids driving me nutty. So...here I am ignoring them on my computer. Sometimes that is my only escape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understand that!!! Thanks for reading my blog! <3

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...