Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sibling love



This is my sister, Kim and I.  Growing up we took lots of camping trips with our parents.  We had a "pop-up" camper.  What great memories we had!  We had chores to do even while camping as you can see from this photo.  As we grew up, we could even be heard singing "My Sharona" very loudly as it echoed through the camp ground.  Then there is the time that during the night the lower half of my body ended up falling out of the lining and when I woke up I wasn't sure what was going on.  What a sight that must have been for early morning walkers.  :)

Kim is a very special person.  I'm not saying that because she is my sister, but because she really is!  She has more patience than I ever could have.  And I think I'm a pretty patient person.  Her first born son, Benjamin was born with Williams-Syndrome.  Williams-Syndrome is a genetic condition that is present at birth and can affect anyone.  It is characterized by medical problems, including cardiovascular disease, developmental delays, and learning disabilities.  These occur side by side with striking verbal abilities, highly social personalities and an affinity for music (courtesy of http://www.williams-syndrome.org/what-is-williams-syndrome).  This describes Ben in every way!  

Raising Ben has not been an easy task for my sister and her family.  It has been difficult, but she always seems to have a smile on her face and is willing to lend a hand to someone in need.  Not only is she a great Mom, she also has a beautiful singing voice, plays the flute like no one's business and is very crafty!  They went on to have two other great kids, Noah and Lydia.  

We weren't the closest siblings growing up, but we grew closer as we grew older.  I admire my Sister a lot. And I dedicate this blog post to her!  I love you Kim!

check out my new facebook page!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...